From: Aldred on
Hi all,
I have a machine with spec AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6Ghz and 4GB of Memory running
on a 32bit Windows Vista. When I switch the views from design to
forms/reports, Access needs to think for at least a few seconds before it
could response to me. It also sometimes happends on when I tried to move
around the objects in the design view of form/report.

I tried it in another pretty old XP machine. The problem didn't exist. At
first I thought it was the problem of the network. So I copied the file to
local and do the same thing, but it didn't help.

What else can I do to improve the Access performance?

Thanks.

From: Jerry Whittle on
Try it on another Vista machine. See what happens there.

Disable your virus checker and test Access then.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: De Jager on

"Aldred(a)office" <aldred> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have a machine with spec AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6Ghz and 4GB of Memory
> running on a 32bit Windows Vista. When I switch the views from design to
> forms/reports, Access needs to think for at least a few seconds before it
> could response to me. It also sometimes happends on when I tried to move
> around the objects in the design view of form/report.
>
> I tried it in another pretty old XP machine. The problem didn't exist.
> At first I thought it was the problem of the network. So I copied the
> file to local and do the same thing, but it didn't help.
>
> What else can I do to improve the Access performance?
>
> Thanks.

Pages: 1
Prev: Access security problem
Next: galatasaray