From: Intransition on
On Jun 10, 8:25 pm, Yukihiro Matsumoto <m...(a)ruby-lang.org> wrote:

> Probably you want something different from binding, maybe restricted
> eval environment, do you?

Is it truly different? How does one get restricted eval environment
without binding?

From: Yukihiro Matsumoto on
Hi,

In message "Re: Why private #binding?"
on Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:27:19 +0900, Intransition <transfire(a)gmail.com> writes:

|> Probably you want something different from binding, maybe restricted
|> eval environment, do you?
|
|Is it truly different? How does one get restricted eval environment
|without binding?

At least, you don't want some part of the current binding attributes.
You are free to use binding to implement restricted eval environment,
but if you want to change the binding behavior, it's different story.
Right now, I don't feel making it public is worth changing, when you
can define a small function to create binding for restricted
environment.

matz.

From: Rick DeNatale on
On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz(a)ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Why private #binding?"
>    on Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:27:19 +0900, Intransition <transfire(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
> |> Probably you want something different from binding, maybe restricted
> |> eval environment, do you?
> |
> |Is it truly different? How does one get restricted eval environment
> |without binding?
>
> At least, you don't want some part of the current binding attributes.
> You are free to use binding to implement restricted eval environment,
> but if you want to change the binding behavior, it's different story.
> Right now, I don't feel making it public is worth changing, when you
> can define a small function to create binding for restricted
> environment.

Which is what I suggested. That's the beauty of Ruby, a programmer can
extend it without having to change it for the rest of us.

--
Rick DeNatale

Github: http://github.com/rubyredrick
Twitter: @RickDeNatale