From: Ramon F Herrera on

I am a C/C++ developer, completely satisfied with my VS-2005
environment. Didn't even try VS-2008 because I was told by
knowledgeable programmers that it is flaky.

I guess the question is: When is a good time to make the jump from
VS-2005 to VS-2010?

TIA,

-Ramon

From: Richard Heathfield on
Ramon F Herrera wrote:
> I am a C/C++ developer, completely satisfied with my VS-2005
> environment. Didn't even try VS-2008 because I was told by
> knowledgeable programmers that it is flaky.
>
> I guess the question is: When is a good time to make the jump from
> VS-2005 to VS-2010?

When you are no longer completely satisfied with VS-2005 would be a good
time to start looking at whatever is the latest environment at the time
of your disenchantment.

With good luck and a following wind, that could be a decade or two from
now! :-)

Email: -http://www. +rjh@
Sig line vacant - apply within