From: hounslow3 on
On 23.01.10 21:41, Jeff Strickland wrote:
> I suggest looking for a new driver to the wireless adaptor.
>
> During the time you have had it, Windows has gone through several updates
> and 3 Service Packs, this is the sort of stuff that makes a driver outdated.

The computer was updated with all three service packs, and yet the
driver continued working without a problem.
From: hounslow3 on
On 23.01.10 23:44, hounslow3(a)yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> On 23.01.10 21:41, Jeff Strickland wrote:
>> I suggest looking for a new driver to the wireless adaptor.
>>
>> During the time you have had it, Windows has gone through several updates
>> and 3 Service Packs, this is the sort of stuff that makes a driver
>> outdated.
>>

> The computer was updated with all three service packs, and yet the
> driver continued working without a problem.

Well, I took the computer to the W-fi hub, where I normally work with
it. This time round, it recognised all the other hubs in the area,
except for the one, next to which I was sitting. Despite resets and some
poor attempts at reconfiguring, it would simply not recognise or accept
the signal.

Other peoples' computer in the area, plus my own iPhone picked up the
hub's signal. But mine simply wouldn't.

It did, of course, connect itself to the BT Open Zone public domain, but
at the same time the Webpages simply said that an Internet connection
not possible.

Advice is greatly appreciated.
From: JD on
On 24/01/2010 8:01 PM, hounslow3(a)yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> On 23.01.10 23:44, hounslow3(a)yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>> On 23.01.10 21:41, Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>> I suggest looking for a new driver to the wireless adaptor.
>>>
>>> During the time you have had it, Windows has gone through several
>>> updates
>>> and 3 Service Packs, this is the sort of stuff that makes a driver
>>> outdated.
>>>

>> The computer was updated with all three service packs, and yet the
>> driver continued working without a problem.
>

> Well, I took the computer to the W-fi hub, where I normally work with
> it. This time round, it recognised all the other hubs in the area,
> except for the one, next to which I was sitting. Despite resets and some
> poor attempts at reconfiguring, it would simply not recognise or accept
> the signal.
>
> Other peoples' computer in the area, plus my own iPhone picked up the
> hub's signal. But mine simply wouldn't.
>
> It did, of course, connect itself to the BT Open Zone public domain, but
> at the same time the Webpages simply said that an Internet connection
> not possible.
>
> Advice is greatly appreciated.

You say you have installed all 3 service pack's on win XP? and that you
are using the Belkin software to manage your connection's ?

service pack 3 has some issues and 3rd party wireless managers can be
fussy so what I suggest is un-installing the Belkin software and driver,
reinstall the driver only, this option might be in the advanced or
custom settings of the Belkin installer when you are installing, as a
last resort I would try removing SP3 which you can do with a System
Restore and go back to a date before SP3.

JD
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Math Problem with RAM