From: Dixie500 on
I am getting a new Windows 7 computer and like to use Outlook. The student
version of 2007 does not contain Outlook and I wonder if the old 2003 version
can be loaded on a Wndows 7 computer. Any thoughts out there?
From: Gordon on

"Dixie500" <Dixie500(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am getting a new Windows 7 computer and like to use Outlook. The
> student
> version of 2007 does not contain Outlook and I wonder if the old 2003
> version
> can be loaded on a Wndows 7 computer. Any thoughts out there?

Yes it can and will work OK.

From: VanguardLH on
Gordon wrote:

> Dixie500 wrote ...
>
>> I am getting a new Windows 7 computer and like to use Outlook. The
>> student version of 2007 does not contain Outlook and I wonder if the old
>> 2003 version can be loaded on a Wndows 7 computer. Any thoughts out
>> there?
>
> Yes it can and will work OK.

Except some integration features between Outlook 2003 and other Office 2007
components (Word, Excel) will not work (e.g., Mail Merge).
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message

> Except some integration features between Outlook 2003 and other Office 2007
> components (Word, Excel) will not work (e.g., Mail Merge).

I imply from the original post that Dixie500 wishes to use the entire Office
2003 Student and Teacher Edition suite on Windows 7, which won't have the
issues you name, but s/he can clarify.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]