From: ju.c on
I'm pretty sure this is how to increase the word space.
I won't try it because I have everything set-up perfectly and I don't want to *uck it up.

1. Open "Display Properties" - Right-click the Desktop and select Properties.
2. Open the "Appearance" tab, click the "Advanced" button.
3. Click the down arrow for "Item" and select "Icon Spacing (Horizontal)".
4. Change the size.

ju.c

From: Bobbi on
I found that if I choose a smaller icon size, the allowable width for titles
is also decreased, so it solves my problem. My icons are not on a grid, so
the icon spacing might not help.

"ju.c" <bibidybubidyboop(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message
> I'm pretty sure this is how to increase the word space.
> I won't try it because I have everything set-up perfectly and I don't want
> to *uck it up.
>
> 1. Open "Display Properties" - Right-click the Desktop and select
> Properties.
> 2. Open the "Appearance" tab, click the "Advanced" button.
> 3. Click the down arrow for "Item" and select "Icon Spacing (Horizontal)".
> 4. Change the size.
>

> ju.c
>

> "Bobbi" <bobbi(a)example.invalid> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to force the name under a desktop shortcut to be shorter
>> in width and wrap the text to one or more new lines?
>> For example, the name "Internet Explorer" under the IE symbol is 17
>> characters long including the space; I'd like it to form 2 shorter lines,
>> so I can space the icons closer together.
>>
>> Bobbi

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Is IE7 and IE8 more stable than IE6?
Next: SP3