From: Rudy on
Blank Is it possible to install Win XP over Win 7 in a laptop w/o
causing any problems?? Thanxxxxx...Rudy////////

From: Shenan Stanley on
Rudy wrote:
> Blank Is it possible to install Win XP over Win 7 in a laptop
> w/o causing any problems?? Thanxxxxx...Rudy////////

"w/o causing any problems" is ill-defined.

It's no problem for me to do a clean installation of Windows 7 over a
Windows XP system and continue using it... Is it a problem for you to do a
clean installation of Windows 7 over Windows XP, install your applications
and restore your data so you can use it?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: peter on
Like Shenan said....w/o causing any problems" is ill-defined.

I wouldn't have a problem doing it..
I would go to the manufacturers website and download all of the necessary
drivers for my laptop
I would simply start the system with the XP CD and format the Hard drive
then continue with the installation. Once finished I would load the downloaded
drivers.
I would then reinstall
all of my applications from their original installation CD's and
restore all of my personal files from my backup HD.

Are you capable of doing that??
Do you have a retail XP CD??
Do you have the installation CDs for your Programs
Do you have XP drivers for the hardware on your laptop??
Do you have backups of all your personal files??

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

From: philo on
Rudy wrote:
> Blank Is it possible to install Win XP over Win 7 in a laptop w/o
> causing any problems?? Thanxxxxx...Rudy////////

Go to the manufacturer's web site and see if XP drivers are available
for the machine.

If so...you should not have any problems.

If no XP drivers are available...then YES you will have plenty of problems