From: tomcee on
Hello:

I have (and have been using for some time) a Win XP Pro machine which
had always booted up to the desktop.

I am the only user, so a user-logon screen is unnecessary.

After installing some (HP) all-in-one printer software, the system now
boots up to the User Logon screen.

How do I change this so that the pc will again boot to my desktop as
it did previously?

Thanks in advance,
TomC
ps: This is important as this machine boots up (from BIOS) during the
night and runs a script - which it cannot do if it is not booted into
the desktop.
From: Dee Earley on
On 08/07/2010 12:36, tomcee wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have (and have been using for some time) a Win XP Pro machine which
> had always booted up to the desktop.
>
> I am the only user, so a user-logon screen is unnecessary.
>
> After installing some (HP) all-in-one printer software, the system now
> boots up to the User Logon screen.
>
> How do I change this so that the pc will again boot to my desktop as
> it did previously?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> TomC
> ps: This is important as this machine boots up (from BIOS) during the
> night and runs a script - which it cannot do if it is not booted into
> the desktop.

This isn't really the right place for this question but I'll give a
rough answer.
Windows will show the login prompt if there is more than one enabled
local user, a password has been set, or it's part of a domain.

You can "fix" this by disabling whichever user the printer software
created, or if you don;t want to do that, use the SysInternal AutoLogin
app or TweakUI to configure an auto login.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: tomcee on
On Jul 8, 7:50 am, Dee Earley <dee.ear...(a)icode.co.uk> wrote:
> On 08/07/2010 12:36, tomcee wrote:
>

> > Hello:
>
> > I have (and have been using for some time) a Win XP Pro machine which
> > had always booted up to the desktop.
>
> > I am the only user, so a user-logon screen is unnecessary.
>
> > After installing some (HP) all-in-one printer software, the system now
> > boots up to the User Logon screen.
>
> > How do I change this so that the pc will again boot to my desktop as
> > it did previously?
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> > TomC
> > ps:  This is important as this machine boots up (from BIOS) during the
> > night and runs a script - which it cannot do if it is not booted into
> > the desktop.
>
> This isn't really the right place for this question but I'll give a
> rough answer.
> Windows will show the login prompt if there is more than one enabled
> local user, a password has been set, or it's part of a domain.
>
> You can "fix" this by disabling whichever user the printer software
> created, or if you don;t want to do that, use the SysInternal AutoLogin
> app or TweakUI to configure an auto login.
>
> --
> Dee Earley (dee.ear...(a)icode.co.uk)
> i-Catcher Development Team
>
> iCode Systems
>
> (Replies direct to my email address will be ignored.
> Please reply to the group.)- Hide quoted text -

Hello Dee:

That sounds like helpful information - I'll try it.

Where is the better/best place/newsgroup to post these types of
questions?

Thanks
Tom
From: Piranha on
On 9 Jul., 17:00, tomcee <tomcees...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 8, 7:50 am, Dee Earley <dee.ear...(a)icode.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > On 08/07/2010 12:36, tomcee wrote:
>
> > > Hello:
>
> > > I have (and have been using for some time) a Win XP Pro machine which
> > > had always booted up to the desktop.
>
> > > I am the only user, so a user-logon screen is unnecessary.
>
> > > After installing some (HP) all-in-one printer software, the system now
> > > boots up to the User Logon screen.
>
> > > How do I change this so that the pc will again boot to my desktop as
> > > it did previously?
>
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > TomC
> > > ps:  This is important as this machine boots up (from BIOS) during the
> > > night and runs a script - which it cannot do if it is not booted into
> > > the desktop.
>
> > This isn't really the right place for this question but I'll give a
> > rough answer.
> > Windows will show the login prompt if there is more than one enabled
> > local user, a password has been set, or it's part of a domain.
>
> > You can "fix" this by disabling whichever user the printer software
> > created, or if you don;t want to do that, use the SysInternal AutoLogin
> > app or TweakUI to configure an auto login.
>
> > --
> > Dee Earley (dee.ear...(a)icode.co.uk)
> > i-Catcher Development Team
>
> > iCode Systems
>
> > (Replies direct to my email address will be ignored.
> > Please reply to the group.)- Hide quoted text -

> Hello Dee:
>
> That sounds like helpful information - I'll try it.
>
> Where is the better/best place/newsgroup to post these types of
> questions?
>
> Thanks
> Tom- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -