Prev: error
Next: ACTIVE X CONTROL
From: stargazer on
Recently I have been getting the following error: The instruction at
"0x745f2780" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be read.

The computer will then effectively hang. Any thoughts on what could be wrong?
From: CogX on
You're better off searching Google Groups than here. I'm baffled why none of
the posts here for that memory address and svchost.exe errors are clueless
that this has been happening to a lot of IT pros out there since at least the
end of July 2006.
For me, it all started happening after our campus WSUS server was updated to
SP1. Some admins claim it has nothing to do with WSUS or SP1, though,
although they still can't tell anyone how to fix it or the exact cause, so
everyone is still guessing and I have yet to see any definitive MS KB article
about it. The only common belief is that it is obviously do to Automatic
Updates in some way, but that's the only general statement everyone can agree
on.

The 9/12/06 patches just caused me a lot of havoc today and I'm still trying
to figure out why 30 or so of our 500+ systems decided to crash with this
error, repeatedly. I'm still trying to figure out a way I can get all of
them to get the patches installed, without having to visit each one and
manually get into Windows Updates, which defeats the entire purpose of
Automatic Updates and WSUS.

"stargazer" wrote:

> Recently I have been getting the following error: The instruction at
> "0x745f2780" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be read.
>
> The computer will then effectively hang. Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Pages: 1
Prev: error
Next: ACTIVE X CONTROL