From: PDFrank on
Bear Bottoms wrote:
> Here is a nice little chart. Win7 overtook Vista this past month and XP is
> falling off from 70% to just below 56%.

How do they know all this?

From: PDFrank on
Bear Bottoms wrote:
> PDFrank<pdfrank(a)some.com> wrote in
>
>> Bear Bottoms wrote:
>>> Here is a nice little chart. Win7 overtook Vista this past month and
>>> XP is falling off from 70% to just below 56%.
>>
>> How do they know all this?
>>

> They made it up.

Just as I thought.
From: John Corliss on
PDFrank wrote:
> Bear Bottoms wrote:
>> Here is a nice little chart. Win7 overtook Vista this past month and
>> XP is
>> falling off from 70% to just below 56%.
>
> How do they know all this?

Probably from the way that all recent versions of Windows call home by
default and use a unique identifier.

--
John Corliss BS206. Because of all the Googlespam, I block all posts
sent through Google Groups. I also block as many posts from anonymous

No ad, CD, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, share, spy, time-limited,
trial or web wares OR warez for me, please.