From: Patti on
I'm trying to use WinXP 64-bit on my ProBook 4510s but HP doesn't supply
64-bit drivers. Where can I start to look for drivers for the chipset,
sound, video, etc.? I'm hoping to find the right newsgroup at least...
Thanks In Advance - Patti
From: Bobby Johnson on
You start by getting the specs for your ProBook from HP and then go to
the individual websites of the manufactures for the devices and look for
XP x64 drivers. You will have to do a lot of searching and research.
But, you may not find all the drivers you seek.

From: Carlos on
Bobby,
I started doing some of the homework for Patti and found out:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/vac/us/product_pdfs/HP_ProBook_4510s_Datasheet.pdf
that the #$%& notebook is highly customisable, so there's no way to predict
what's inside from the specs.
Hardware probing software is necessary and that requires some skills so
Patti might need someone to help her.
CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php) could be a good start for
understanding what's inside.
Later on SiSoftware Sandra (http://www.sisoftware.net/) can give full
details of chipset, audio, network, etc.
Carlos

From: Tony Harding on
On 05/06/10 14:23, Carlos wrote:
> Bobby,
> I started doing some of the homework for Patti and found out:
> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/vac/us/product_pdfs/HP_ProBook_4510s_Datasheet.pdf
> that the #$%& notebook is highly customisable, so there's no way to predict
> what's inside from the specs.
> Hardware probing software is necessary and that requires some skills so
> Patti might need someone to help her.
> CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php) could be a good start for
> understanding what's inside.
> Later on SiSoftware Sandra (http://www.sisoftware.net/) can give full
> details of chipset, audio, network, etc.
> Carlos

The OP's copy of her order/invoice may contain a wealth of info (the
Dell one's do).