From: Unknown on
Try a different time server. Use: tick.usno.navy.mil

From: C.Joseph Drayton on
On 5/25/2010 6:07 PM, shank wrote:
> Does WinXp sync it's clock to some outside resource if it's available?
>
> I downloaded an atomic sync software. Found my clock to be about 5 minutes
> off. Synced it and scheduled it to be synced every hour. It's now about 15
> minutes later and it's off by 5 minutes again. Historically, evidently, it's
> always 5 minutes off which makes me believe it is syncing with something I'm
> not aware of. How do I troubleshoot this?
>
> thanks

Is the machine in question on a network?? The reason I ask, is because
some network servers will force clients to sync their time to the server.

Sincerely,
C.Joseph Drayton, Ph.D. AS&T

CSD Computer Services

Web site: http://csdcs.site90.net/
E-mail: c.joseph(a)csdcs.site90.net

From: Mike S on
On 6/5/2010 7:14 PM, C.Joseph Drayton wrote:
> On 5/25/2010 6:07 PM, shank wrote:
>> Does WinXp sync it's clock to some outside resource if it's available?
>>
>> I downloaded an atomic sync software. Found my clock to be about 5
>> minutes
>> off. Synced it and scheduled it to be synced every hour. It's now
>> about 15
>> minutes later and it's off by 5 minutes again. Historically,
>> evidently, it's
>> always 5 minutes off which makes me believe it is syncing with
>> something I'm
>> not aware of. How do I troubleshoot this?
>>
>> thanks
>>

> Is the machine in question on a network?? The reason I ask, is because
> some network servers will force clients to sync their time to the server.

That's a good thing to check:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307897
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2