From: Most Wanted on
I have a valid Enterprise version of Win7 installed on an employee
system that is used at home.
Periodically, the user gets "this copy may not be genuine", and
something about automatic update failed. (after the Windows genuine update).

The user can ignore the warning, and "System" shows that Windows status
is "Unknown" for a minute and then shows "Activated".

This valid licensed corporate copy is in use on a number of systems, but
this is the only workstation I know that is having problems.
Any clues on how to rid the sytem of this false warning?

INFO:
This is a P4-HT 3gHz, 500gig HD with 2Gigs RAM, running AT&T DSL 3mpbs
connection.
McAfee antivirus
Turned off Windows firewall, no change.
Followed links to MS website "to get genuine", turned out to be an ad to
pay for a valid copy.... no help.
From: Shenan Stanley on
Most Wanted wrote:
> I have a valid Enterprise version of Win7 installed on an employee
> system that is used at home.
> Periodically, the user gets "this copy may not be genuine", and
> something about automatic update failed. (after the Windows genuine
> update).
> The user can ignore the warning, and "System" shows that Windows
> status is "Unknown" for a minute and then shows "Activated".
>
> This valid licensed corporate copy is in use on a number of
> systems, but this is the only workstation I know that is having
> problems. Any clues on how to rid the sytem of this false warning?
>
> INFO:
> This is a P4-HT 3gHz, 500gig HD with 2Gigs RAM, running AT&T DSL
> 3mpbs connection.
> McAfee antivirus
> Turned off Windows firewall, no change.
> Followed links to MS website "to get genuine", turned out to be an
> ad to pay for a valid copy.... no help.

Using KMS?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Windows 7 displays "Windows is not Genuine" with an error code of
0x80070005:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2008385
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: MowGreen on
Most Wanted wrote:
<snip>
> Followed links to MS website "to get genuine", turned out to be an ad to
> pay for a valid copy.... no help.

Please provide the link to that MS web site.

Can the system access this page ? -
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ValidateNow.aspx?displaylang=en

If yes, then click the 'Validate Windows' button.
What happens then ?

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten