From: Cefoxtrot on
Running Windows XP Media Center Edition.
Using two 19' monitors.
One particular program starts at the right side of monitor 1, with the other
half on monitor 2.
If I select maximize on the properties window, it starts using only monitor
1, but full screen of course.
Is there a switch I can add to the start command to get it to run, in normal
window, on monitor 1?
Thank you.

From: DL on
Its usually on option of your dual monitor software

From: Cefoxtrot on
I don't think so. It's the only program that does that. Every other one
starts at the last location it had.

From: DL on
If you are using Nvidea / Ati / Matrox dual monitor software its an option
in their settings to select which monitor the particular program opens on.
If however you are using the winxp default dual monitor settings there is no
such option, and any setting which opens a program in the state it was last
used is a windows reg setting

From: Cefoxtrot on
I am using Ati. I found the settings and it corrected the problem.
Thanks Dl!

I still don't know why it was the only program behaving like that. There
must have been a registry entry also?

"DL" wrote:

> If you are using Nvidea / Ati / Matrox dual monitor software its an option
> in their settings to select which monitor the particular program opens on.
> If however you are using the winxp default dual monitor settings there is no
> such option, and any setting which opens a program in the state it was last
> used is a windows reg setting
>
> "Cefoxtrot" <Cefoxtrot(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I don't think so. It's the only program that does that. Every other one
> > starts at the last location it had.
> >
> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> >> Its usually on option of your dual monitor software
> >>
> >> "Cefoxtrot" <Cefoxtrot(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >

> >> .
> >>

> .

Pages: 1
Prev: Where are the hi-speed USB Hubs?