From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

In this example this OnCustomCommand listen to 5 different command that are
integer.
How can I send any of these integer to a service so it can rect and change
it's behaviour ?
I know only how I can start, stop,pause and such things

protected override void OnCustomCommand(int command)
{
switch ( command)
{
case (int)FreeSpaceCommands.MonitorDDrive:
_driveLetter = "D";
break;
case (int)FreeSpaceCommands.MonitorEDrive:
_driveLetter = "D";
break;
case (int)FreeSpaceCommands.IncreaseFreeSpaceMinimumBy10:
_minAcceptableFreespace += 10;
break;
case (int)FreeSpaceCommands.DecreaseFreeSpaceMinimumBy10:
_minAcceptableFreespace -= 10;
break;
case (int)FreeSpaceCommands.MonitorHourly:
_monitoringInterval = 3600000;
break;
}
}

enum FreeSpaceCommands
{
MonitorDDrive = 128,
MonitorEDrive = 129,
IncreaseFreeSpaceMinimumBy10 = 130,
DecreaseFreeSpaceMinimumBy10 = 131,
MonitorHourly = 132,
}

//Tony

From: Jeff Johnson on
"Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message

> In this example this OnCustomCommand listen to 5 different command that
> are integer.
> How can I send any of these integer to a service so it can rect and change
> it's behaviour ?

Using the ServiceController.ExecuteCommand() method.

From: Tony Johansson on
"Jeff Johnson" <i.get(a)enough.spam> skrev i meddelandet
> "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message
>
>> In this example this OnCustomCommand listen to 5 different command that
>> are integer.
>> How can I send any of these integer to a service so it can rect and
>> change it's behaviour ?
>
> Using the ServiceController.ExecuteCommand() method.

So Calling this ServiceController.ExecuteCommand() method can as I believe
only be done by using a program you can't for example not use any existing
tool or program in .NET.

It's easy to create such a program but the reason I ask is becuase it no
reason to reinvent the wheel if such a tool already
exist.

//Tony

From: Jeff Johnson on

>>> In this example this OnCustomCommand listen to 5 different command that
>>> are integer.
>>> How can I send any of these integer to a service so it can rect and
>>> change it's behaviour ?
>>
>> Using the ServiceController.ExecuteCommand() method.
>

> So Calling this ServiceController.ExecuteCommand() method can as I believe
> only be done by using a program you can't for example not use any existing
> tool or program in .NET.
>
> It's easy to create such a program but the reason I ask is becuase it no
> reason to reinvent the wheel if such a tool already
> exist.

I didn't realize that's what you were asking for. The sc.exe command-line
tool should be able to do this. I believe the "command" you want to use is
"control". I guess it would look like this:

sc control YourServiceName 12