From: criechton on
We ran Chkdsk /F /R on the D: drive of a Windows 2000 std server and did it
thru DOS prompt , we didn't run it during reboot but while the OS was up..
and answered yes to the 'Invalid Handles' warning message.

Is there a way to get the D:drive back functional? it shows up in Disk Mgmt
as the D: drive but in properties shows 0 byes but show the disk size of 16gb
if viewed thru Disk mgmt?

Thanks,
From: Dave Patrick on
If you have no backups you might try one of the disk recovery services.
Probably wouldn't spin it up till you decide.

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"criechton" wrote:
> We ran Chkdsk /F /R on the D: drive of a Windows 2000 std server and did
> it
> thru DOS prompt , we didn't run it during reboot but while the OS was up..
> and answered yes to the 'Invalid Handles' warning message.
>
> Is there a way to get the D:drive back functional? it shows up in Disk
> Mgmt
> as the D: drive but in properties shows 0 byes but show the disk size of
> 16gb
> if viewed thru Disk mgmt?
>
> Thanks,

Pages: 1