From: Marcus on
We have two new HP ML370 G5 server. It works fine before install Windows 2008
SP2.

After install SP2, it cannot get Windows Update anymore. The error message
is 80072F78. I have google it without luck.

Any suggestions?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
• Description of the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 installation
software feature update (28 Apr-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430

• Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for
Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7 (22 Sept-09
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Have KB955430 and KB947821 both been installed? Also see...

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Error code when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to
install updates...
[ignore the error number]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958053
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

From: mark on
PA Bear, 2002? In particular the infracstucture deficit that is Windows
Update did capture our attention. Honestly, Symantec's update has been
upgraded to about 20mbps (Lan quality). It alarms me that proverbial system
central seems to be drifting from recline into decline. Enough bit-by-bit
poetry, Microsoft. 2009, NOT 1969! Trying to make what is very apparent, less
difficult to accept and confront.