From: Jamie on
Hi,
I have installed Windows 7 64bit and now I find windows will not update. It
says it has updates, it sahows me the list and I select what I want updated
(usually all), and the green bar says it is Downloading updates (0%.... and
never does! It will not download any updates, no errors, just goes of into
cyber space.
From: Stuart on
Similar, also 7 64bit, only mine reached the installation of the 6th of 6 updates, and has hung there for hours. I attempted to restart, and it is not in the shut down faze, still reporting installation of the last update.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/Windows-7-64bit-unable-to-update