From: Richard Hein on
Client has a new HP 6005 Pro computer. It is crashing intermittently.
I've done all hardware tests and the computer comes up completely
clean - no errors at all.
Here is info from the error log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF880046C3C62
BCP3: FFFFF880075F3570
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
From: Carlos on
Richard,
Is the computer still under warranty?
If it isn't, when and how did the crashes started to show up?
Are the crashes present when the computer is "cold".
Is memory, graphics or CPU being overclocked?
How did you test the hardware?
Carlos

From: Jerry on
More help can be found at the Win7 forum:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

From: Richard Hein on
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:13:01 -0700, Carlos
<Carlos(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Richard,
>Is the computer still under warranty?
Yes, it is brand new with a 3 year warrantee.
>If it isn't, when and how did the crashes started to show up?
Almost immediately after I installed it
>Are the crashes present when the computer is "cold".
No, it has been after 6 days and after 10 hours. Usually, the user is
not using it. He does a lot of remote work and runs a lot of software
on it. It has had 8 gigs of memory in it (all tested good - more on
that later).
>Is memory, graphics or CPU being overclocked?
No, it is a business computer and it is running in a conservative
manner.
>How did you test the hardware?
HP provides an online diagnostic suite - which I ran a number of
times. They now have for this model an offline diagnostics suite to
test the system.

I'm an HP dealer, so I had a new computer that I swapped in with only
4 gigs of memory on it. I put the hard drive from the (older) new
computer into it. The one thing that is not changed is the hard
drive.

My next step is to do a partition copy onto another (500 gig) hard
drive, put it into the users' computer and then test that.

I've got about 20 of these computers out at clients and all the others
are rock-solid.
From: Richard Hein on
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:12:44 -0700, "Jerry" <ChiefZekeNoSpam(a)MSN.com>
wrote:

>More help can be found at the Win7 forum:
>http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

Thanks Jerry, I'll give it a look.