From: Wolfgang Greiner on
Hi,
is there any known problem about Registry Virtualization
in Windows 7 32Bit ?

When installing my application (with elevated privileges)
I create a subkey in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software and
change its Access Control List so that normal users
have full access.

Then with normal user rights my application makes changes
below the key I created.

This works perfectly in Vista(32Bit) and in Windows 7 professional
(*64*Bit, but 32 Bit Application).

But it doesen�t work in Windows 7 professional (*32* Bit,
with same 32 Bit Application)

Here the changes I make are virtualized. They are placed in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE

When I manually delete the key in the virtual place further changes
to my registry key a placed at the right position.

Why?

Wolfgang