From: kflash on
I have been developing an app in VB6. My development machine is an XP Pro
machine but I have a Windows 7 box that I use for testing. Everything has
been working great.....until today. I use a text box that I have modified
to automatically capitalize the 1st letter of each word. This ocx control
is based off of a text box. On the Windows 7 box, it stopped working.
Does anyone have any knowledge of a change that would affect the behaviour of
a text box, or anything I can do to try to fix this? This is used all
through my program.

Thanks in advance.

Kflash
From: kflash on
Sorry for the previous post......rebooting does wonders. Problem fixed.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
kflash wrote :
> Sorry for the previous post......rebooting does wonders. Problem fixed.

You really oughta be apologizing for multiposting. I just answered
this question elsewhere.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: MikeD on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> kflash wrote :
>> Sorry for the previous post......rebooting does wonders. Problem
>> fixed.
>
> You really oughta be apologizing for multiposting. I just answered this
> question elsewhere.

And probably for the subject used and jumping the gun to blame this on a
Win7 update. Obviously, a Win7 update did NOT break the code.

--
Mike

From: Karl E. Peterson on
on 2/2/2010, MikeD supposed :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>> kflash wrote :
>>> Sorry for the previous post......rebooting does wonders. Problem fixed.
>>
>> You really oughta be apologizing for multiposting. I just answered this
>> question elsewhere.
>
> And probably for the subject used and jumping the gun to blame this on a Win7
> update. Obviously, a Win7 update did NOT break the code.

You might even argue the code was broken by design, for using an OCX
where a one-liner would do.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org