From: ashuat on
Hi, I have just installed windows 7 on a old PC with Asus P4P 800
motherboard.
On Toolbar on the bottom (on right) I see the small loudspeaker icon
with a red cruciform sign.
I think it is the driver problem but I don't know how I can solve my
problem. My audio card is SoundMax but I don't have its CD animore.
I have just downloaded some drivers form Internet but I am not able to
solve my problem. Perhaps I have downloaded wrong drivers. Can you
help me please?
Thank you!
From: Michael W Ryder on
ashuat(a)email.ittttt wrote:
> Hi, I have just installed windows 7 on a old PC with Asus P4P 800
> motherboard.
> On Toolbar on the bottom (on right) I see the small loudspeaker icon
> with a red cruciform sign.
> I think it is the driver problem but I don't know how I can solve my
> problem. My audio card is SoundMax but I don't have its CD animore.
> I have just downloaded some drivers form Internet but I am not able to
> solve my problem. Perhaps I have downloaded wrong drivers. Can you
> help me please?
> Thank you!

I just "upgraded" to Vista Business on my P5P800 and had numerous
problems with the on-board sound. I finally bit the bullet and bought a
$20.00 sound card with drivers for Vista and Windows 7 which eliminated
all the problems. I tried several different drivers from the web and
could get sound but it would lock up programs like iTunes requiring a
reboot to get the sound working again.
From: peter on
try this
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/misc/..._6570_Win7.zip

it worked for quite a few,

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

From: Paul on
peter wrote:
> try this
> ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/misc/..._6570_Win7.zip
>
> it worked for quite a few,
>
> peter

I filled in the missing portion of the URL.

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/misc/audio/AD200B_6570_Win7.zip

Paul
From: ashuat on
>try this
>ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/misc/..._6570_Win7.zip

That link doesn't work. ;)