From: Fat00key on
I am using windows 7 ultimate. I use a program called Internet Download
Manager. I will setup 20gigs worth of downloads and go to bed. When I wake
up in the morning, the downloads are still there and no internet packets are
moving. It may have downloada 7gigs of the 20gigs, before stalling. Once I
reboot the computer and restart the downloads, it starts right up. The TCP
stack mat be timing out for some reason. Windows Vista and previous OS's,
did not do this. Is there a soultion for this problem?
From: MarkusSchaber on
Hello, Fat Key,

On 21 Dez., 06:27, Fat00key <Fat00...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I am using windows 7 ultimate.  I use a program called Internet Download
> Manager.  I will setup 20gigs worth of downloads and go to bed.  When I wake
> up in the morning, the downloads are still there and no internet packets are
> moving.  It may have downloada 7gigs of the 20gigs, before stalling.  Once I
> reboot the computer and restart the downloads, it starts right up.  The TCP
> stack mat be timing out for some reason.  Windows Vista and previous OS's,
> did not do this.  Is there a soultion for this problem?

Unless your Internet Download Manager is programmed using the .NET
framework, this here clearly is the wrong place to ask that question.
And even if it is, it would make more sense for the developers of that
tool to ask here, than the users.
From: PvdG42 on

"Fat00key" <Fat00key(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using windows 7 ultimate. I use a program called Internet Download
> Manager. I will setup 20gigs worth of downloads and go to bed. When I
> wake
> up in the morning, the downloads are still there and no internet packets
> are
> moving. It may have downloada 7gigs of the 20gigs, before stalling. Once
> reboot the computer and restart the downloads, it starts right up. The
> TCP
> stack mat be timing out for some reason. Windows Vista and previous OS's,
> did not do this. Is there a soultion for this problem?

As Markus suggested, your first stop should be tech support for the download
manager you use. I set up very large download sequences using the MSDN
download manager on Windows 7 Ultimate here and have no issues.

If your application tech support cannot help, ask in the Windows 7 forums:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

Pages: 1
Prev: Print preview question