From: silverfox1938 on
Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:48:17 -0500, silverfox1938 <S1938(a)nwes.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Looked at the MSF groups but did not find specific Windows 7 groups?
>> maybe I looked in the wrong place?
>

> No, you didn't.
>
> Unfortunately it's highly unlikely that there will be any Microsoft
> Windows 7 newsgroups. Apparently Microsoft has decided that web-based
> forums are better than newsgroups and they are putting their efforts
> there. I'm personally sorry that's the case, but it's their decision,
> not mine.
>
> However there is at least one non-Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroup:
> alt-windows7.general. Not all servers carry it (at least not yet), but
> here's one free news server that does: aioe.org

Thanks everybody for the help.

Charlie
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:10:36 -0500, silverfox1938 <S1938(a)nwes.com>
wrote:

> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:48:17 -0500, silverfox1938 <S1938(a)nwes.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Looked at the MSF groups but did not find specific Windows 7 groups?
> >> maybe I looked in the wrong place?
> >

> > No, you didn't.
> >
> > Unfortunately it's highly unlikely that there will be any Microsoft
> > Windows 7 newsgroups. Apparently Microsoft has decided that web-based
> > forums are better than newsgroups and they are putting their efforts
> > there. I'm personally sorry that's the case, but it's their decision,
> > not mine.
> >
> > However there is at least one non-Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroup:
> > alt-windows7.general. Not all servers carry it (at least not yet), but
> > here's one free news server that does: aioe.org
> >

> Thanks everybody for the help.

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Joe727 on

"chas2209" <chas2209(a)invalid.co.uk> wrote in message

> "silverfox1938" <S1938(a)nwes.com> wrote in message
>> Looked at the MSF groups but did not find specific Windows 7 groups?
>> maybe I looked in the wrong place?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Charlie
>
> Hi
> alt.windows7.general
>
> @ news.aioe.org
>
> chas2209

Thanks - that Windows 7 Tech Net forum is horrible, and horribly slow.

Joe

From: jeryruse on

'silverfox1938[_2_ Wrote:
> ;3358837']Looked at the MSF groups but did not find specific Windows 7
> groups?
> maybe I looked in the wrong place?
>
> TIA
>
> Charlie

Hi Folks ,
This is Jeyruse, I have finished my studies this
year itself. I am staying in Sydney. Glad to introduce myself
in this site. And pleased to meet all the other members
of this site.

--
jeryruse
From: Leonard Grey on
Two things to know:

This is a newsgroup, not a website; and
It's for Windows XP, not Windows 7.

If you've got questions about Windows XP, this is the place to ask your
fellow Windows XP users for help.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est