From: Krusty on
Thought this was worth reposting for anyone who missed it. It signals the
death knell for non genuine Windows 7. Seems to get little coverage
elsewhere.

The update became available around the 27th of February but strangely it has
to be selected for inclusion to download/install. As yet it appears to not
be in the "phone home" mode since installing it does little. Obviously it's
just a matter of time before it's triggered (or is it)?

http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000681.html

From: atec 77 "atec 77 on
Krusty wrote:
> Thought this was worth reposting for anyone who missed it. It signals the
> death knell for non genuine Windows 7. Seems to get little coverage
> elsewhere.
>
> The update became available around the 27th of February but strangely it has
> to be selected for inclusion to download/install. As yet it appears to not
> be in the "phone home" mode since installing it does little. Obviously it's
> just a matter of time before it's triggered (or is it)?
>
> http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000681.html

Already defeated , if you simply don't download it there is a patch
From: annily on
Krusty wrote:
> Thought this was worth reposting for anyone who missed it. It signals the
> death knell for non genuine Windows 7. Seems to get little coverage
> elsewhere.
>
> The update became available around the 27th of February but strangely it has
> to be selected for inclusion to download/install. As yet it appears to not
> be in the "phone home" mode since installing it does little. Obviously it's
> just a matter of time before it's triggered (or is it)?
>
> http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000681.html

The way it's implemented ATM seems pointless. I have Windows Activation
Technology removed. Windows Update listed the update, but left it
unchecked, so that even if I had not been on the lookout for it, it
would not have been installed anyway.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: Rob on
On 2/03/2010 7:04 PM, Krusty wrote:
> Thought this was worth reposting for anyone who missed it. It signals the
> death knell for non genuine Windows 7. Seems to get little coverage
> elsewhere.
>
> The update became available around the 27th of February but strangely it has
> to be selected for inclusion to download/install. As yet it appears to not
> be in the "phone home" mode since installing it does little. Obviously it's
> just a matter of time before it's triggered (or is it)?
>
> http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000681.html

Now redundant. Cracks have been released to counter this. Noticed a
mention somewhere that this removes all the problems.

From that site its 30 days if you haven't registered your copy, not the
90 days.

I haven't seen the Update for Microsoft Windows (KB971033) when W7
downloads and installs the updates, could be there somewhere, haven't
looked either.
From: root on
Krusty wrote:
> Thought this was worth reposting for anyone who missed it. It signals the
> death knell for non genuine Windows 7. Seems to get little coverage
> elsewhere.
>
> The update became available around the 27th of February but strangely it has
> to be selected for inclusion to download/install. As yet it appears to not
> be in the "phone home" mode since installing it does little. Obviously it's
> just a matter of time before it's triggered (or is it)?
>
> http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000681.html

Just disable it, you upside blonde!