From: Mr. Taco on
For anyone who cares, the error below is a Windows Defender Event ID
3004 notification, if this is followed by a Event ID 3005 and the action
is set to ignore, than WD has NOT blocked the app.

<Message>

Windows Defender Real-Time Protection agent has taken action to protect
this machine from spyware or other potentially unwanted software.
For more information please see the following:
Not Applicable
Scan ID: {08XXX7EX-XBXX-4X6X-XXXX-X6XXXXXXXXXX}
User: XXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX\XXXXXX
Name: Unknown
ID:
Severity ID:
Category ID:
Alert Type: Unclassified software
Action: Ignore

</Message>

Essentially, it evaluated the application and took action - ignore.

For those of you looking for a good tutorial on a threading windows
service look here:

http://www.devcity.net/Articles/190/1/article.aspx

Ultimately, rebuilding the service from scratch, using the above article
to create the structure, gave me a working service.

-T

From: Nobody on
Some security and AV programs skip digitally signed executables, so try to
sign your files.