From: ~BD~ on
PepsiHog wrote:
> My simple rule to solve all of this is....Don't keep personal
> information on your computer. I don't trust the internet, period. I
> use software to protect my computer (as best as possible) but I keep any
> personal info locked in encryption or I don't keep it on my computer.
>
> Many if not most companies on the web include some kind of "report back"
> programming. No, I'm not saying their all dishonest. But how do you
> really know? I was just searching to see if there were any reports
> about Windows Defender being spy software for Microsoft. How do you
> know it's not?
>
> Ok. So don't keep personal information on your computer. Don't name
> your computer with your real name. Invest in some program that encrypts
> your data. Or you can believe we all live in an honest world, and who
> would take advantage of us?
>
> The very nature of the Web is to collect information. Don't want to be
> party to that? Don't get on the web! It might sound mean, but it is
> the HARD truth. Everything you do, everything you search for, download,
> is all geared at collecting info about you. (the user) Sooner or later
> the data collected forms a picture, and that picture is all about you!
>
> Don't believe me? Good. You shouldn't. Do your own research. But what
> I am saying here is TRUE! Bottom line is, you'll never be completely
> safe no matter what software you use. So every so often re-install your
> OS. Do a clean start. Yes, It's a pain, but it is a sure fire way of
> getting rid of the UNKNOWN. And you know...."YOU CAN'T KNOW THE
> UNKNOWABLE"
>
> Good Luck!

Great post, PepsiHog!

I'm with you all of the way! :)

Cross-posted to other relevant groups (IMO) to spread the word and
hopefully elicit further comment along similar lines!

--

Dave - "I don't trust the internet, period" - me neither! ;)
From: Bullwinkle on
Since you insist on cross posting, added your two 'home' groups.

"~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)hot.mail.co.uk> wrote in message

Great post, PepsiHog!

I'm with you all of the way! :)

Cross-posted to other relevant groups (IMO) to spread the word and
hopefully elicit further comment along similar lines!

--

Dave - "I don't trust the one known as BD, period" - me neither! ;)