From: Nunya on
Hey guys.

I have a new problem. My Windows file Explorer no longer has a find
function or dialog.

Hitting Ctrl+logokey+F yields an error:

"The active directory domain service is currently unavailable."

Is this common? Is there a known solution?

Thanks for any assistance in this matter.
From: Carlos on
Hi,
What operating system are you using?
What are you trying to find?
My best hunch is that you should use Ctrl+F instead of Ctrl+Winkey+F

Carlos

From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"Nunya" <jack_shephard(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> Hey guys.
>
> I have a new problem. My Windows file Explorer no longer has a find
> function or dialog.

Did you try pressing F3 or Ctrl-e ; )

> Hitting Ctrl+logokey+F yields an error:

Win-F opens a disfunctional Search Results window for me in W7. So I
would try Win-E and F3 instead--less work and less annoying getting that
working than starting from the other.

BTW you may not be missing much. I still find that dir/a/b/s in a cmd
window beats a Windows Search more often than not. Even PowerShell's dir
can be faster!

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---