From: Bob on
I am having a firewall problem also. Each & every time that I turn my machine
on I find my firewall turned OFF. I have the box"allow no exceptions" checked
to no avail. Any ideas???

From: Unknown on
You picked up some malware.

From: jch on
This demonstrates the useleness of a software firewall.

From: LVTravel on

"jch" <jch(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> This demonstrates the useleness of a software firewall.
>
> Unknown wrote:
>> You picked up some malware.
>> "Bob" <Bob(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I am having a firewall problem also. Each & every time that I turn my
>>> machine
>>> on I find my firewall turned OFF. I have the box"allow no exceptions"
>>> checked
>>> to no avail. Any ideas???

No firewall (hardware or software) will prevent attacks when you click on
the wrong web site or download and install malware. A wise computer user
will always practice safe hex whether or not a firewall and antivirus
software is installed.

From: jch on
LVTravel wrote:
> "jch" <jch(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
>> This demonstrates the useleness of a software firewall.
>>
>> Unknown wrote:
>>> You picked up some malware.
>>> "Bob" <Bob(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> No firewall (hardware or software) will prevent attacks when you
> click on the wrong web site or download and install malware. A wise
> computer user will always practice safe hex whether or not a firewall
> and antivirus software is installed.

Exactly, "safe hex" and a NAT firewall along with a good AV program are all
one needs in a home network. Software firewalls constantly cause connection
issues (eg, "I can't connect to my new printer", etc) and use system
resources.