From: Scarchunk on

The resolution for me was to uninstall any previous versions of windows
search and then install search 4.0. After that power pack 3 installed
fine.

--
Scarchunk

From: Ryan Germann on
On Nov 28, 1:06 am, Scarchunk <Scarchunk.42c...(a)no-
mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
> The resolution for me was to uninstall any previous versions of windows
> search and then install search 4.0. After thatpowerpack3installed
> fine.

I found that if I just uninstalled Windows Search 3.01 then the Power
Pack would install... that is, I did not install Search 4.0, and then
Windows Update successfully applied the Power Pack and then I
rebooted. All is well.

Thanks to this thread I was able to resolve this.
From: macecil on
"Ryan Germann" wrote:

> On Nov 28, 1:06 am, Scarchunk <Scarchunk.42c...(a)no-
> mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
> > The resolution for me was to uninstall any previous versions of windows
> > search and then install search 4.0. After thatpowerpack3installed
> > fine.
>
> I found that if I just uninstalled Windows Search 3.01 then the Power
> Pack would install... that is, I did not install Search 4.0, and then
> Windows Update successfully applied the Power Pack and then I
> rebooted. All is well.
>
> Thanks to this thread I was able to resolve this.

I enabled the verbose install log according to the notes in this thread but
the resulting log file was 1.2GB in size and I didn't feel like parsing
through that much text. I did go in and clean up all the partially completed
installs the previous attempts to install PP3 had left behind including the
Windows Search 3.01. Then after rebooting PP3 was able to install. Perhaps
it's just that Windows Search that's causing the problem. Is there even a
need for a search indexer on a WHS that's used as a backup and file server?

From: Leftery on

"Ryan Germann" wrote:

> On Nov 28, 1:06 am, Scarchunk <Scarchunk.42c...(a)no-
> mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
> > The resolution for me was to uninstall any previous versions of windows
> > search and then install search 4.0. After thatpowerpack3installed
> > fine.
>
> I found that if I just uninstalled Windows Search 3.01 then the Power
> Pack would install... that is, I did not install Search 4.0, and then
> Windows Update successfully applied the Power Pack and then I
> rebooted. All is well.
>
> Thanks to this thread I was able to resolve this.
> .

This solution worked for me too. Search 3.01 was not cleanly uninstalled by
search 4, there was still the Search 3 entry in the Add Remove programs list.
Once the Search 3 entry was removed PP3 installed fine.

Thanks for your help.
From: RN on
I do not have Search 3.01 installed in my WHS (I can not find it in the
Add/Remove programs) and I still have the same problem. Installation of PP3
fails. I already reinstalled my WHS some months ago and I do not want to do
this again, just for the PP3. Even after reinstallation, I am not sure it
would work!

Can someone of Microsoft clearly explain the problem? It would be nice if
you could solve this blocking issue. It's not only me who is having this
problem I think.

Thanks Microsoft!

"Leftery" wrote:

> "Ryan Germann" wrote:
>
> > On Nov 28, 1:06 am, Scarchunk <Scarchunk.42c...(a)no-
> > mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
> > > The resolution for me was to uninstall any previous versions of windows
> > > search and then install search 4.0. After thatpowerpack3installed
> > > fine.
> >
> > I found that if I just uninstalled Windows Search 3.01 then the Power
> > Pack would install... that is, I did not install Search 4.0, and then
> > Windows Update successfully applied the Power Pack and then I
> > rebooted. All is well.
> >
> > Thanks to this thread I was able to resolve this.
> > .
> >
> This solution worked for me too. Search 3.01 was not cleanly uninstalled by
> search 4, there was still the Search 3 entry in the Add Remove programs list.
> Once the Search 3 entry was removed PP3 installed fine.
>
> Thanks for your help.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Error Code 0x80246007