From: Raystl1n on
KB968349
Power Pack 3 fails to install with windows update
error:

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with
error 0x80070643: Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 (KB968349).

Same goes for: dows Search 4.0 for Windows Server 2003 (KB940157)

Any help much appreciated!!
From: Scarchunk on

Raystl1n;1611403 Wrote:
> KB968349
> Power Pack 3 fails to install with windows update
> error:
>
> Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update
> with
> error 0x80070643: Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 (KB968349).

> Same goes for: dows Search 4.0 for Windows Server 2003 (KB940157)
>

> Any help much appreciated!!

Not any help, but I'm having the same problem. I'll let you know if I
find a resolution.

--
Scarchunk

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the
Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958052

From: macecil on
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the
> Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958052
>

> Raystl1n wrote:
> > KB968349
> > Power Pack 3 fails to install with windows update
> > error:
> >
> > Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with
> > error 0x80070643: Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 (KB968349).
> > Same goes for: dows Search 4.0 for Windows Server 2003 (KB940157)

I'm getting the same error. Automatic Updates failed initially, then I
tried manually via the Windows Connector, and then again after remoting in
with Remote Desktop. I restarted the server between attempts. I don't see
any other errors in the Event Viewer. Rather disappointing after all this
waiting.

From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
macecil wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the
>> Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958052
>>

>> Raystl1n wrote:
>>> KB968349
>>> Power Pack 3 fails to install with windows update
>>> error:
>>>
>>> Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with
>>> error 0x80070643: Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 (KB968349).
>>> Same goes for: dows Search 4.0 for Windows Server 2003 (KB940157)
>
> I'm getting the same error. Automatic Updates failed initially, then I
> tried manually via the Windows Connector, and then again after remoting in
> with Remote Desktop. I restarted the server between attempts. I don't see
> any other errors in the Event Viewer. Rather disappointing after all this
> waiting.

Did you follow the procedures in the article PA Bear pointed you to?

Harry.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Error Code 0x80246007