From: Tim Roberts on
Joe Cool <joecool1969(a)live.com> wrote:

>I am trying to add some simple scanning code to an app to use my WIA
>compliant scanner. I have downloaded and installed the WIAAUT.DLL I
>found some sample C#.NET code that uses WIA and have a simple test app
>that will invoke my scanner's WIA driver UI that lets me run a preview
>scan, mask the area I want to scan, adjust the DPI, etc, and then
>scan. All well and good.
>
>Here's the rub. It doesn't matter what value I pass to the FormatID
>property, the returned ImageFile object is ALWAYS in Window BMP
>format!! I want to save as JPG. But the saved file is always the same
>exact length and an image editor says that they are all BMP files.
>
>I have found some code that uses the WIA ImageProcess class that can
>convert a BMP file to a JPG file, but why should I have to do that?

Similar to most architectures like it, a WIA provider is not required to
hand you exactly what you ask for. You ask for what you want, and the WIA
provider gets as close as it can.

Having said that, I'm surprised you can't get JPEG. Almost all WIA
providers do both BMP and JPEG.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.