From: jc on
Hello,

For the first-time, I am trying to build an installation program using VS.
In the past, I always used Installshield. The problem I am having , is
the application icons are displayed correctly on the desktop and on the
program menu. Howevet, when the icons are clicked the application does not
start, but displays the content of the Application folder.

How do I get the icons to start the application, and not display the content
of the Application folder?

TIA,
-jc
From: jc on
Hello,

I stumbled across the answer to my question.
First, you create a shortcut using the exe file,
(that is contained in the Application folder).
You create the shortcut, by right-clicking on
the exe file, and then select the menu option
Create Shortcut. Once, that step is completed
you simply drag-and-drop the new shortcut to the
the Deskstop Folder. Finally. repeat the steps
to create a shortcut for the Program Menu.

-jc