From: iistudio on
hi guys:
I am trying to use RAPI to transfer contacts from my Sprint newest windows
mobile 5 phone to my pc.
since the database now are embedded and stored as pim.vol. i first tired to
use RAPI CeMountDBVol to mount the pim.vol but failed. the error code seems
to be 87 invalid parameter all the time.

am I missing some point here or some security policies blocked RAPI from
working with contacts database on the phone?

thanks for you reply
From: Peter Foot [MVP] on
The PIM databases are not only stored in a standalone volume, but are also
an EDB (rather than CEDB) database. It doesn't appear from the documentation
that the RAPI database methods cater for dealing with EDB. You may need to
write code which runs on the device side to interact with EDB or better
still go through the proper POOM API and then interact with this using rapi.

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP

From: iistudio on
thanks Peter:
my objective here will be to directly retrieve contacts database information
from
a desktop pc.

I think first i need information about EDB and if i can use RAPI to get
the pim.vol file is there any way to get contacts in the file?

secondly is there any difference Microsoft made in the RAPI 2 interface to
work with EDB?

thanks very much

From: Robert Levy [MS] on
You should only be accessing PIM data through the POOM APIs.

RAPI currently does not have an EDB equivalent of it's CEDB APIs but that's
definitely something we're looking to address in a future release.

--
-Robert Levy
Program Manager, Windows Mobile Developer Experience

From: iistudio on
thanks for that Robert:
Now i have tried to access PIM data using the POOM API and put it
into a device side dll then try to do what Peter said to use RAPI to
CERapiInvoke
the routine in the dll, the problem is due to the new RAPI security policy i
probably need to do some extra work to get my CERapiInvoke permitted on the
device?
do you have any information regarding this for my case? hopefully i don't
need to send an application to the device and then change rapi security
policy.

thanks