From: Brian Stormont on
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I've just run into the
same thing with a brand new HP Pavilion machine. Ever since I
uninstalled Norton I get this error about "there is no disk in the
drive" when starting certain programs. I don't want to use Norton -
it was only a 60 day trial anyhow. Anyone know how to get rid of this
problem short of re-installing Norton?

From: Jaymon on

http://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/autorunsettings.zip

Try The Windows XP TweakUI powertoy or Uwe Sieber's tool to disable the
autoplay feature(s) on the CD/DVD drives, may be part of the problem..

I'm assuming your talking about the CD/DVD drives, right..?

Anyway, make yourself aware of these tools, they may come in handy down the
road..

Cheers
j;-j