From: amzd on
Hello,
I have some Windows Server 2003 Server and some Windows Server 2008
Server.
My Server are Member Servers in the domain — no domain controllers.
After I install the adminpak (Administration Tools Pack) In the 2003
Servers I have access to such snapins like Active Directory Users and
Computers.

How do I get this access to the active directory on windows server
2008 (member servers)?

I know that there is now RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools) but
it has been said these were only for windows 7 (or Windows vista)
clients.
I want to have access to Active Directory Users and Computers on
windows server 2008 just as on the windows server 2003 servers.
How?

Sincerely
From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello amzd,

In Windows server 2008 or higher RSAT is included, you have to install the
needed MMCs with "Add features", there you will see the complete RSAT tools
to choose.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hello,
> I have some Windows Server 2003 Server and some Windows Server 2008
> Server.
> My Server are Member Servers in the domain — no domain controllers.
> After I install the adminpak (Administration Tools Pack) In the 2003
> Servers I have access to such snapins like Active Directory Users and
> Computers.
> How do I get this access to the active directory on windows server
> 2008 (member servers)?
>
> I know that there is now RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools) but
> it has been said these were only for windows 7 (or Windows vista)
> clients.
> I want to have access to Active Directory Users and Computers on
> windows server 2008 just as on the windows server 2003 servers.
> How?
> Sincerely

Pages: 1
Prev: Schedule Tasks