From: A on
I am running WSS 3.0 on a windows server 2003 box and i getting the following warning, can somebody help me out with this?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3 Search
Event Category: Gatherer
Event ID: 2436
Date: 1/12/2009
Time: 4:11:05 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MyComputer Name
The start address <sts3://my address> cannot be crawled.

Context: Application 'Search index file on the search server', Catalog 'Search'

Details:
Crawling this document could not be completed because the remote server did not respond within the specified timeout. Try crawling the server later, or increase the timeout value. You may also try scheduling crawls during off-peak usage times. (0x80040d7b)

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng