From: sigh on
I have a feeling most people already know what error I'm talking about.
Windows won't update, simply as that. I've missed about half a year of
updates to this... and I can't even install Norton Antivirus until I can get
this thing updated.

Once again, my system is Vista 64 bit. If you give me a XP-only solution, I
will bite you. Hard.
From: TaurArian on
"sigh" <sigh(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a feeling most people already know what error I'm talking about.
> Windows won't update, simply as that. I've missed about half a year of
> updates to this... and I can't even install Norton Antivirus until I can
> get
> this thing updated.
>
> Once again, my system is Vista 64 bit. If you give me a XP-only solution,
> will bite you. Hard.

So what information can you provide regarding this error for Vista 64 bit -
you obviously have been researching this for 6 months approximately.

Have you checked/searched here:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads