From: Michael5M on
Attempted to run update Tuesday night; have tried again tonight (Wednesday).
Running VISTA on Dell INSPIRON E1705. Have not had problems in past with
updates. Have not been presented with message after DOWNLOAD, 'Do you accept
license agreement.' Cannot run update without receiving error code 80200052.
Hints with 9.5MB new update...TKS
--
Michael5M
From: Ǝиçεl on
Michael,

Not much help coming with so little info.

Which is the update(s) failing to install?

Please provide the exact KB number along with the name of the installed
antivirus|security suite software.

Further information required:

How to view the Update log in Windows

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %windir%\windowsupdate.log
and then click OK.

Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate
the error code(s) associated with the latest failed attempt to
download/install.

Start at the bottom and work your way up to a section that shows an ERROR,
WARNING, or FATAL.

If appropriate copy and paste the error codes into this thread so
someone may be able to assist you.

Also check Windows folder for file called KB******.log

(****** = number of update ie KB896688) and post the contents of
the failed update.

This may provide further clues as to why the update failed.

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
<http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=902093>

--
Check this out for yourself visit KB971058: How do I reset the Windows
Update settings? and click on the Fix It button:

<http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=971058>
-=-

Good luck
-=-