From: MHalberstadt on
My automatic updates don't seem to be installing. The update process goes
through these updates:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update
for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows
XP x86 (KB982168)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for
Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows
2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)

They each say "done!" at the end but they dont seem to be installing. I
have closed down twice now to allow them to install but when I power up the
computer again the same updates are waiting to install. Any help would be
much appreciated!
From: Andy on
try manulaly scanning from windows update in ie.
see what it finds

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See the "How to obtain help..." section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974417

From: Ǝиçεl on
See the "How to obtain help..." section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979909

(1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB979909).

Or you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527>

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following page for assistance:
https://consumersecuritysupport.microsoft.com/>

site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>

your usual support contacts.

Copied яesponse from MowGreen

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows
2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security
Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)

suggest you contact MS for *no-charge support* in getting them
installed.

The fix for those 2 will also get the other .NET updates
installed.

Do NOT mention the other updates or they will try to charge
you.

Just mention the 2 Security updates.

From both http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974417> and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979909>

" How to obtain help and support for this security update

in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the
Microsoft International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
through "
-=-

Good luck

From: Bob KB982168 doesnt install Bob KB982168 doesnt install on