From: Tlioness on
My problem is i go to the windows update site let to site find the updates
thats critical to my computer. after the site locate the updates thats needed
and i click on the accept downloads my cursor freezes.
I recently puchased a new printer and when installing the printer i get a
message from the install CD that my computer needs to be updated with at
least service pack 2. What should i do to fix this problem? I didnt have this
problem with the last printer i purchased.
From: Shenan Stanley on
Tlioness wrote:
> My problem is i go to the windows update site let to site find the
> updates thats critical to my computer. after the site locate the
> updates thats needed and i click on the accept downloads my cursor
> freezes.
> I recently puchased a new printer and when installing the printer i
> get a message from the install CD that my computer needs to be
> updated with at least service pack 2. What should i do to fix this
> problem? I didnt have this problem with the last printer i
> purchased.

What exactly do you have now?

Start button --> RUN --> type in:
(No "RUN", press the WindowsKey+R at the same time.)
winver
--> Click OK.

That will give you (picture at top) the full name of the operating system.
That will give you (in the text) the Service Pack you have installed.

Please reply with both the information in the Picture and the line starting
with the word "Version" - whole thing.

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit
version of the Windows operating system
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

Please check your system, based off what you learned previously - to see if
it is 32-bit or 64-bit.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
• Which version of the Windows operating system am I running?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/which-version-of-the-windows-operating-system-am-i-running

If WinXP SP2 weren't already installed, you wouldn't even be able to scan
for updates at Windows Update website.