From: isa on
while I want to install an optional update that is available on window
update,it,s failed and then i see Windows Update error 800f020b.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
windows version? what optional update?

From: Ǝиçεl on
800f020b SPAPI_E_NO_SUCH_DEVINST
The device instance does not exist in the hardware tree.

If you receive Windows Update error 800f020b while trying to install
updates, an update that you're trying to install applies to a device that is
not connected to the computer. Make sure that all of your devices are
connected and turned on, and then try installing updates again.

To see which device is causing the problem, you can review available updates
before trying to install them. The device name or manufacturer will be
displayed in the list of available updates. For more information, follow the
steps for installing drivers and other optional updates in Install Windows
updates.<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Install-Windows-updates>

If the problem persists after you have followed the advice above, go to the
Windows Update Support Center
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/ph/6527> website to request
support by e‑mail.
-=-

From: LeeWalk on
I see this when trying to install KB974455 and KB971486 via WSUS on WS03 SP2
ISA server.

Any workaround or fix available?

Thanks, Lee

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Post here instead (even if you & "isa" are the same person):
microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services