From: Suzanne MarcAurele on
I have a client that bought an AMD 64bit processor system that in my
estimation is an absolute dawg! I have received several error codes
throughout all of the event viewers, in particular critical codes related to
the kernel and performance(the logs for a similiar period in a clean install
of Vista are 2x larger than the clean install). I also discovered an
additional administrator in Group Policy that I find no where in my
installation of Vista 32 bit. Is it possible that on consumer machines that
manufacturers are installing an administrator - the GP even states that the
system is shared when it is not. Additionally the system crashed totally -
it was in the restore from the manufacturer's disk that this double admin
came up - ie after I created an administrator it still persists to show that
the policy will be updated for this account - could the built in account be
active? It is a first for me encountering a machine that has so many errors
- my 32 bit gets a rating of 4.6 and the client's 64 bit gets a 2.6!!!! I
need some answers here but more importantly Microsoft needs to do an article
running down the meaning of these error codes - be nice to have a class id
listing - it took me about 40 hours to pour over the various event logs to
determine how Vista works - my time would have been cut in more than half if
there were a reference that really covers what's inside.

Sorry there is so much here and yet so little but I want to go back to the
client with an intelligent answer beyond you had this error and that error -
ie I want to be able to say with some certainty that they ought to go back to
the manufacturer and demand they take back the system.
--
SuzDPQ
From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
I'm sorry, but there's really nothing in this that tells any of us what you
have or what the issue might be. Clearly many, many of us have been running
64bit Vista without the issues you appear to be describing. You say that
there's an extra administrator account - but don't tell us the account name.
It's apparently an OEM install, but you don't say what OEM or what other
software the OEM install puts on the machine.

I built the machine I'm using myself. It has an AMD processor, an Opteron
185 - a mid-range chip even when I bought it, and by now a quite old and
slow one. It has an old (and not exactly high end) VIA chipset. And a low
end ATI graphics card in an AGP slot. And 3 GB of RAM. The machine is fast,
it has exactly the accounts on it I expect (Administrator, Guest, Charlie)
plus the domain accounts that access it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

From: Carlos on
Charlie,
New VIA drivers released yesterday for Vista x64:
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=37&CatID=3180
:)
Carlos

From: Suzanne MarcAurele on

--
SuzDPQ

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> [...]
> > errors
> > - my 32 bit gets a rating of 4.6 and the client's 64 bit gets a 2.6!!!! I
> > need some answers here but more importantly Microsoft needs to do an
> > article
> > running down the meaning of these error codes - be nice to have a class id
> > listing - it took me about 40 hours to pour over the various event logs to
> > determine how Vista works - my time would have been cut in more than half
> > if
> > there were a reference that really covers what's inside.
> >
> > Sorry there is so much here and yet so little but I want to go back to the
> > client with an intelligent answer beyond you had this error and that
> > error -
> > ie I want to be able to say with some certainty that they ought to go back
> > the manufacturer and demand they take back the system.

Here are some of the error codes with 45000 events logged, several
functional it was not a matter of detail, neither do I need URL's to drivers
- by the way MCSE, CCNA:

Next policy processing for WORKGROUP\3DBGASFRNPUR0$ will be attempted in 118
minutes.
error 500 & 501 -points to CPU resources over utilized
Diagnostic module {A59F0643-A6CA-48E0-A7C4-4CDD258439E2}
(%SystemRoot%\system32\diagperf.dll) encountered an error while handling
scenario {FFC42108-4920-4ACF-A4FC-8ABDCC68ADA4}, instance
{7BFCB492-5B6D-436F-BB89-8AC0B38AA512}, original activity ID
{00000030-0000-0000-5915-EF3A101FC801}. The error code was -2147024883.
Diagnostic module {C0F51D84-11B9-4E74-B083-99F11BA2DB0A}
(%windir%\system32\radardt.dll) encountered an error while handling scenario
{739FF6CF-5033-428C-9E2F-582096482DD5}, instance
{B2E76D56-22D4-4630-B1EB-91960393102D}, original activity ID
{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}. The error code was -2147467259
Diagnostic module {15FBA3B8-A37A-4F91-BDBA-FBB98FE804BF}
(%SystemRoot%\system32\diagperf.dll) encountered an error while handling
scenario {2698178D-FDAD-40AE-9D3C-1371703ADC5B}, instance
{17A588FE-D17F-4BF1-9ECA-A6046B9306FD}, original activity ID
{2698178D-FDAD-40AE-9D3C-1371703ADC5B}. The error code was -2057957370.
Diagnostic module {A59F0643-A6CA-48E0-A7C4-4CDD258439E2}
(%SystemRoot%\system32\diagperf.dll) encountered an error while handling
scenario {FFC42108-4920-4ACF-A4FC-8ABDCC68ADA4}, instance
{A1F5A529-A1EE-4B01-AA9F-1F3D5FB65753}, original activity ID
{00000030-0000-0000-429F-E602D102C801}. The error code was -2147024883.
Diagnostic module {282396B2-6C46-4D66-B413-70B0445DF33C}
(%SystemRoot%\system32\diagperf.dll) encountered an error while handling
scenario {A7A5847A-7511-4E4E-90B1-45AD2A002F51}, instance
{49959AAD-7461-49D9-A9DF-198B986EC7B8}, original activity ID
{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}. The error code was -2147024735.

2147943645 Internet misspelled for Internet Service Offers - that repeated
program
Intenet #200
The last one is a no brainer and the others proved uphelpful when doing a
find in the registry, the first list's the admin account, If you can help
with some concrete answers - ie where to find the error code and class id
listings for Vista it would bewelcome

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
What OEM? What software is included in that OEM? What account is being
created?

From the errors you're reporting, I'd vote for corruption of something. And
I'd be very inclined to start the troubleshooting by installing a retail,
known good, copy of Vista from original DVDs. (Do a PIDless install - this
is just for test.) If you're still seeing major problems, then look at the
hardware. If the install is clean - then it's time to have a discussion with
the OEM about a corrupted install or what they're doing.