From: MowGreen on
Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Until Microsoft delivers an operating system which is 100.0000000% safe I do
> not believe people should have to pay for it.

Have your meds kicked in yet ? Good. Nighty night.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
From: MowGreen on
Daave wrote:
> And*you* want to be*my* latex salesman?

VanDelay Industries. How can I help you ?

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
From: Mike S on
On 6/4/2010 11:36 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> [...]
> also complaining about it.
>
> It turns out this has been going on for one month !!!
>
> One full month of slow computer and Microsoft didn't even notice it ?! and
> did nothing about it !
>
> I am very unhappy about this.
>
> I have consulted with my mother... she wants to buy a new laptop so she can
> sit below... this would require additional wireless routers or so... but
> ok...
>
> She wants windows 7 because she hard about it... However I told her Windows
> 7 is a risk because of it's on-going-security problems.
>
> The old computer can then still be around for the kids to use when to come
> visit.
>
> However windows xp nl 32 bit version is about to end it's life cycle.
>
> I said to her and decided that the old computer can continue to keep
> functioning until it gets trojaned/hacked and so forth...
>
> After that happens I might pirate the computer and install windows xp x64
> pro edition which at least is still supported and does seem to function
> normally.
>
> However I always have windows automatic updates off and for good reason
> too... if I had it on my computer would have been toasted by Microsoft at
> least 2 times, maybe even more.
>
> Windows Automatic Updates/The cure seems to be worse than sickness...
> However without the patches computers would be trojaned.
>
> My mother was very smart... when she started about wireless routers she
> immediatly recgonized the dangerous:
>
> Wireless routers are unsafe... she wants to do banking across it...
>
> I told her... well safety has improved a little bit... but it's indeed weak
> protection... I concurred... you are a smart mother I said... :)
>
> All in all I am not happy with the situation.
>
> I believe Microsoft should be punished for:
>
> 1. Wasting peoples time with defects.
>
> 2. Security risks.
>
> Here is my advice for Microsoft/you for now in the future:
>
> In case of though legislation being introduced to go after Microsoft and
> it's malfunctions... it would be much smarter for Microsoft to focus on it's
> core components of it's operating system and make sure that those are
> working flawlessly instead of trying to create "bloatware" which simply
> increase attack vectors and requires more security patching.
>
> If computer do get infected by flash then at least it's not Microsoft to
> blame.
>
> Do I believe my mother should pay 400 dollars/euro's for Microsoft
> Windows... HELL NO !!!
>
> The risks and costs of it to keep it working well are much higher...
> especially if I had to bill her for my time.
>
> Until Microsoft delivers an operating system which is 100.0000000% safe I do
> not believe people should have to pay for it.
>
> Instead Microsoft should be fined for putting people's time, life and money
> at risk.
>
> And yet Microsoft is the same company which wants it's software to run on

If you don't like Windows try Ubuntu. Otherwise try this:

http://www.pchell.com/support/windowsgenuineadvantage.shtml