From: Ǝиçεl on
I'm confused - August 13/2009 is after May 2009

See your reply in thread "Windows XP Home SP3 update failed ... " in
the microsoft.private.security.windows Update forum dated 8/13/2009 5:57 PM
PST
as started by Paul. 8/13/2009 3:10 PM PST
-=-

From: Ǝиçεl on

OK I think I got it
free support ended in May 2009
and updates will end After 12 April 2010 with-out SP3.
-=-

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You're getting there, Ангел.

IN RE WinXP: Free unlimited installation and compatibility support for WinXP
SP3 was available from 14 April 2008 thru May 2009.

Extended Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date,
computers running WinXP (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical
security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update
website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.

IN RE Vista: Free unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista
SP1 has been extended a third time & now runs through 10 August 2010, as
does similar support for Vista SP2.

Support for Vista RTM (no Service Packs) ends on 13 April 2010. After that
date, computers running Vista Gold (no Service Packs) will NOT be offered
any further critical security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and
Windows Update website will not be accessible until SP1 or SP2 is installed.

What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean