From: Voodoomama on
I am running Windows XP Professional. While trying to configure new software
I received the message that Service Pack 2 or higher was necessary. I checked
my version of Windows and it showed that service pack 2 was installed. So, I
installed Service Pack 3. When I right click on My Computer and Properties,
it shows Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. However, when I
try to install the other application I still get the message that "service
pack 2 or later is required". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
What "new software" would it be?

Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the computer fully-patched at Windows
Update?

in the background when you installed SP3?

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Ǝиçεl on
Service Pack 3 issues are free support issues from Microsoft.

I'd contact them directly.

<https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131>

<kibbitz>
NB: After 12 April 2010, your computer will NOT be offered ANY critical
security updates nor will Windows Update website be available until & unless
you get XP SP3 installed.
</kibbitz>-=-

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
No-charge support for WinXP SP3 issues ended in May 2009, Ангел.
--
~PA Bear

From: Ǝиçεl on
OOOppps OK thank you.