From: Martin Healy on
Peter,

Thanks for this reply as well and clarifying this below. Does this mean I
can use a blank rewritable DVD disc instead of a blank rewritable CD disc to
burn the downloaded ISO image file. If my windows xp professional machine
doesn't have service pack 1 installed before installing the iso SP3 image
file, will it work? It's my guess that it should work because service pack 3
contains all earlier service packs. But I've read some feedback from people
online that service pack 1 may be required beforehand. Is this true?

Also see my other reply.

From: Martin Healy on
What is the purpose of having the Windows XP service pack 3 file in an ISO
image format when you can't boot to it?

From: Peter Foldes on
>It looks from your response, that I will need at least service pack 1 before
>I can attempt to slipstream service pack 3. Is that correct?

Yes
--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Stefan Kanthak on
"Peter Foldes" <maci252211(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>>It looks from your response, that I will need at least service pack 1 before
>>I can attempt to slipstream service pack 3. Is that correct?
>
> Yes

NO! The assumption is wrong.

Stefan

[ braindead fullquote in sicknature removed ]