From: alice on
Every now and then my winXP machine at work will get into this state.
It will be fine one day, I leave it on over night, and in the morning
when I come in, everything I click on to try and open, files,
programs, even task manager, results in one of the following errors-

Insuffiecient System Resources exist to complete the requested service

Application failed to initialize properly (0x000012d)

(null) is not a valid Win32 application

The only thing I can seem to do is reboot, and this fixes it. It
happens less often lately and I can't find anything specific to narrow
down when it happens.
It's behind a very secure firewall, has regular anti-virus software
updates and scans, windows is updated all the time, I've scanned the
drive for errors.
What would keep causing this and how can I stop it?
From: Unknown on
What type of environment is your work place? Manufacturing? Office?

From: Shenan Stanley on
alice wrote:
> Every now and then my winXP machine at work will get into this
> state. It will be fine one day, I leave it on over night, and in
> the morning when I come in, everything I click on to try and open,
> files, programs, even task manager, results in one of the following
> errors-
>
> Insuffiecient System Resources exist to complete the requested
> service
>
> Application failed to initialize properly (0x000012d)
>
> (null) is not a valid Win32 application
>
> The only thing I can seem to do is reboot, and this fixes it. It
> happens less often lately and I can't find anything specific to
> narrow down when it happens.
> It's behind a very secure firewall, has regular anti-virus software
> updates and scans, windows is updated all the time, I've scanned the
> drive for errors.
> What would keep causing this and how can I stop it?

Sounds like something that is running on your system may have a memory leak.
Could probably do the same corrective action with a few process killings -
but as for which ones....

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: glee on
"alice" <alice(a)fearofdolls.com> wrote in message
> Every now and then my winXP machine at work will get into this state.
> It will be fine one day, I leave it on over night, and in the morning
> when I come in, everything I click on to try and open, files,
> programs, even task manager, results in one of the following errors-
>
> Insuffiecient System Resources exist to complete the requested service
>
> Application failed to initialize properly (0x000012d)
>
> (null) is not a valid Win32 application
>
> The only thing I can seem to do is reboot, and this fixes it. It
> happens less often lately and I can't find anything specific to narrow
> down when it happens.
> It's behind a very secure firewall, has regular anti-virus software
> updates and scans, windows is updated all the time, I've scanned the
> drive for errors.
> What would keep causing this and how can I stop it?

The other replies address your issue....I am wondering why you leave the
computer at work on every night.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: Patrick Keenan on
"alice" <alice(a)fearofdolls.com> wrote in message
> Every now and then my winXP machine at work will get into this state.
> It will be fine one day, I leave it on over night, and in the morning
> when I come in, everything I click on to try and open, files,
> programs, even task manager, results in one of the following errors-
>
> Insuffiecient System Resources exist to complete the requested service
>
> Application failed to initialize properly (0x000012d)
>
> (null) is not a valid Win32 application
>
> The only thing I can seem to do is reboot, and this fixes it. It
> happens less often lately and I can't find anything specific to narrow
> down when it happens.
> It's behind a very secure firewall, has regular anti-virus software
> updates and scans, windows is updated all the time, I've scanned the
> drive for errors.
> What would keep causing this and how can I stop it?

Possibly the video driver.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Clicking "C:" now asks for program
Next: mot de passe