From: Chris Shearer Cooper on
I'm calling DrawText() with the DT_WORDBREAK flag and passing it some
text that doesn't fit in the width I give it, so it breaks my text
into multiple lines. That's all fine and dandy.

What's weird is that I'm calling DrawText() on a metafile DC (enhanced
metafile, if you must know) and what I see in the metafile are
multiple EMR_EXTTEXTOUTW records (which is odd since what I passed it
was ASCII), one for each line of output and before each line of text
there's an additional EMR_EXTTEXTOUTW record that specifies a single
Unicode character 0x3.

Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,
Chris
From: Rene Pilon on

Your ASCII is converted to Unicode under the hood in Windows.

Basically what you're seeing is that DrawText() is basically mapping out to
a number of ExtTextOutW calls .... and the final one is the ETX char (end of
text) as a marker...

Regards,

Rene Pilon