From: Ardent on
On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 01:31:20 -0500, Menno Hershberger
<mhersh22(a)nosuchplace.net> wrote:

>--- Long live Fat32! ---

Why stick to such an old file system when NTFS is a superior system?

--
Archer
From: Bill in Co on
Ardent wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 01:31:20 -0500, Menno Hershberger
> <mhersh22(a)nosuchplace.net> wrote:
>
>> --- Long live Fat32! ---
>
> Why stick to such an old file system when NTFS is a superior system?

It depends on the use or application. (FAT/FAT32 works fine on flash
drives, and where the greatest compatibility across various OS's is desired
(or needed).

From: Menno Hershberger on
Ardent <iam(a)here.com.invalid> wrote in

> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 01:31:20 -0500, Menno Hershberger
><mhersh22(a)nosuchplace.net> wrote:
>
>>--- Long live Fat32! ---
>
> Why stick to such an old file system when NTFS is a superior system?

I have a network of computers that are all my own and I like to transfer
files from ANY folders between computers without the hassle of having to
set permissions. NTFS is too damn secure for my taste.
I do have a couple of NTFS partitions I use for files over 4GB such as long
TV recordings and disk images.
Wasted disk space? So what. I have plenty of it.

--
--- Long live Fat32! ---
From: Sunny on

"Menno Hershberger" <mhersh22(a)nosuchplace.net> wrote in message
> Ardent <iam(a)here.com.invalid> wrote in
>
>> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 01:31:20 -0500, Menno Hershberger
>><mhersh22(a)nosuchplace.net> wrote:
>>
>>>--- Long live Fat32! ---
>>
>> Why stick to such an old file system when NTFS is a superior system?
>
> I have a network of computers that are all my own and I like to transfer
> files from ANY folders between computers without the hassle of having to
> set permissions. NTFS is too damn secure for my taste.
> I do have a couple of NTFS partitions I use for files over 4GB such as
> long
> TV recordings and disk images.
> Wasted disk space? So what. I have plenty of it.
>
> --
> --- Long live Fat32! ---

Same here :-)